Are you looking to pair a Roku device with your Roku TV? Do you have problems with your Roku device? This article will help you reset your Roku device and connect it to your computer to update or restore settings.
You will likely use your remote control to control your Roku streaming device. These instructions will help you reset your Roku remote if it has been lost or damaged.
What is Roku?
Roku, a streaming media player, is pre-installed on most TVs and can be used as a standalone device. Roku lets you stream content from streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Instant Video, and Hulu. You can also search for specific movies or shows to watch.
Resetting a Roku Remote, or Pairing It
There are several things you can do if your Roku is not working correctly. Make sure you have the right Roku remote. You will need the standard TV remote. The included remote is required for Roku Elite and Ultra models. You don’t need to purchase a separate remote if your TV comes with a Roku receiver.
Once you have the right remote, follow these steps for pairing it with your Roku. -Select System settings below Settings. -Select Remote Control at the bottom of your screen. Select Add Device to select your Roku from a list. Enter the code associated to your Roku in Enter Code and hit the Enter key.
There are two types of Roku remotes
There are two options available if you need to reset your Roku remote, or if you have trouble pairing it. The quick start guide for older Roku devices will help you pair your remote. You can reset your Roku device if it is an older model or you’ve lost the quick start guide.
First, take out any batteries from your Roku and wait for at least five minutes before you replace them. Next, press and hold the power button down for three seconds to turn the unit on. Next, press and hold the power button for three seconds. The LED will turn blue after six seconds. Release both buttons, then insert the batteries into Roku.
These tips will help you pair your Roku remote.
Ensure that your Roku is connected to the internet and turned on.
Try changing the input or channel on your TV.
If you have tried everything and still cannot get your Roku connected, restart your TV and Roku.
How to pair a Roku Remote
These steps will help you connect your Roku to your TV.
1. Take out the batteries.
2. Turn on the TV or Roku.
3. Point the remote at your TV and hit the power button.
4. When you see the green light next to the Roku emblem on its front, hold down the “volume up”, and “channel up”, buttons on your remote.
5. Press the buttons again to point the remote at TV. Next, press “power” to confirm that the Roku has been turned on.
6. Follow these steps to pair a new Roku: Go to Settings > Devices> Add Device or press Remote>Add Device if you have an older Roku. Type in your Wi-Fi network name or IP address (this can be found by going to www.routerlogin.com or www.ipaddresslookup.com).
How to reset a Roku Remote
Here’s how you can reset your Roku settings or control it if you have trouble.
First, ensure that your Roku is connected to the internet and turned on. If it isn’t, turn it on immediately.
Next, locate your Roku remote controller. You might find it lying around or in the Roku box.
If your remote isn’t working, you can reset it using these steps:
1) Hold down the “Menu” button at the Roku box’s front for approximately two seconds, until the blue screen with “Reset” appears.
2) Press the “Select” button on your remote control, and then release the “Menu.” button. The blue screen with “Reset” written on it should turn to a white screen containing a lot of numbers.
3) Scroll down using the numbers on the white screen until you see “00000001.” Hold down the “Enter” button on your remote control and release the buttons. You should see the blue screen with “OK” written on it.
How to pair or reset a “Simple Roku Remote”
There are several things you can try to fix a Roku remote that isn’t working properly or having difficulty pairing it.
1. Recharge the remote. The remote might need to be reset if the problem continues.
To reset your remote:
a) Take out the batteries.
b) Press and hold both the POWER AND MUTE buttons simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds, until you see the green light flash.
c) Release POWER and hold down MUTE until the blue light flashes. The blue light will remain on until both buttons are released.
d) Reattach the remote to the Roku device and replace the batteries.
e) Click PLAY on the Roku device to pair the remote. It is possible that you will need to use different buttons to get the remote to work. Roku support can be reached for assistance if all else fails.
How to pair a Roku voice remote
These steps will allow you to pair your Roku device with a voice remote if it isn’t already paired. :
1. Open the Home Screen on your Roku device.
2. Click the Menu button in the upper-left corner.
3. Choose Settings
4. Select Remote Control under Settings
5. If you’re using a wired remote control, press and hold the button at the back that corresponds with the number 1 on your Roku screen. To scan for signals using a wireless remote control, hold down the button until it turns blue.
A voice remote is required if your Roku device is more than 8 feet away from your TV. To find out how to pair a voice remote with your Roku device, go to http://support.roku.com/en-us/help/get-started-using-a-voice-remote/.