There are steps that you can take to fix your Chromecast if it is acting up. We’ll show you how to reset Chromecast.
There are several things you can do if you have trouble casting content from your computer or phone to your Chromecast. We’ll show you how to reset your Chromecast so it can work again.
What is Chromecast?
Chromecast allows you to stream your favorite content directly from your smartphone or computer onto your TV. Simply open Google Chromecast on your smartphone or computer and connect to your TV to view the content.
Follow these steps to reset your Chromecast:
1) Take the power cord off the Chromecast’s back.
2) Press the power button 10 seconds to turn it off.
3) Unplug your TV’s power cord and plug it into the Chromecast.
4) Sign in to the Google Chromecast app
5) Click Settings in the menu bar at top of screen.
6) Select Reset settings under General
If you have already set up a PIN code, enter it here. If you don’t have one, enter the default PIN code of 1234.
8) Click OK to confirm that you want to reset your device.
9) Select Reboot device after the reset is completed. This will restart the device and restore its default settings.
How to Factory Reset Chromecast
You can easily reset your Chromecast if it is having trouble or if you just need to get it working again.
1. First, ensure that your Chromecast is connected to an outlet and that your TV is on.
2. Next, open Google Home on your computer or phone.
3. Click the three lines at the top left of the screen and then choose Settings.
4. Find “Chromecast” under “Reset device.” Tap Reset device on the Reset Device screen. You can also hold the power button for approximately 10 seconds to turn off your Chromecast and then turn it back on.
5. Your Chromecast will display a message stating that it has been reset. You can use it now as normal.
How to reset a Chromecast
These steps will help you reset your Chromecast if it isn’t working.
1. The Chromecast can be turned off by unplugging from your TV. After that, turn it on again.
2. Open the Google Home app from your smartphone.
3. To open the Voice Control screen, speak “OK Google”, if you have a Google Home equipped with a display. Open the Home app on your smartphone. Tap Menu in the top-left corner of the Home App (three lines within a circle). Under “Cast devices,” select Chromecast. Under “Reset device,” click Reset device.
4. Follow the instructions.
Chromecast and Your Android Phone: How to Use It
Chromecast allows you to stream content directly from your tablet or phone to your TV using a streaming device called Chromecast. This article will demonstrate how to use Chromecast on your Android phone.
1. Get your Chromecast Setup
Chromecast can only be used if it is properly set up. Open the Google Home app on your smartphone and click the three lines at the top left corner (three triangles). Select “Settings” and tap on “Add device.” Type the name of your Chromecast, such as “Chromecast”. Click on “Chromecast” and hit “Next.” Next, you’ll be asked to confirm that your Chromecast has access to your Google account. To return to the main screen, click on “Allow”.
2. Get the app from Google Play
Once your Chromecast has been set up, you can start using it. Download the Chromecast app on Google Play to stream content directly from your Android smartphone. When you launch the app, it will automatically install on your Android phone and open.
Chromecast and Your iPhone or iPad: How to Use It
You may not be able to cast content to your Chromecast using an iPad or iPhone. This article will show you how to reset Chromecast so it works the way that you want.
First, ensure that your Chromecast and your iPad are connected to the same network. Open the Google Cast app on iOS and tap the three lines at the top left. Select your Chromecast under “Cast Devices” and then click “Reset.” Your Chromecast should now be functioning properly.
How to reset Chromecast using Google Home App
Chromecast is a powerful and small media streaming device. Chromecast allows users to stream their favorite content right from their home. Chromecast, as with all technology, can sometimes go wrong. We will demonstrate how to reset Chromecast using the Google Home app.
Open the Google Home app on your tablet or phone. You can also download the Google Home app from the App Store and Play Store if you don’t already have it installed. After opening the app, tap the three lines at the top left corner (see Figure).
Figure 1: The main screen of the Google Home app
Tap on “Settings” from here. Next tap on the “Chromecast” button. Finally tap on the “Reset” button (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Chromecast reset from the Google Home App
You can now enjoy your favorite content again, since your Chromecast was reset!