There are numerous issues that could arise in Windows Explorer, one of which is the inability make new folders.
This is often mentioned by Windows users you’ve met. Be it Windows 7, Windows 8 to Windows 10.
I’ve experienced it personally. To help you overcome it, I’m going to provide the solution for overcoming it. Take a look.
Can’t Create New Folder in Windows Reason
Registry files deleted, issues with Windows Explorer, bugs in Windows Explorer application, and Windows system errors are all common reasons why Windows Explorer is unable to create new folders.
What causes the issue This is because during the process of creating a folder fails is completed, the reaction from the system doesn’t appear. In the right-click menu, there is a new folder option is not located or is not present.
How to Solve Can’t Create New Folder in Windows
Here are some methods that you can take to get around the issue of not being able make a folder within Windows.
#1. End Task Windows Explorer
The menu that allows you to create an entirely new folder is a an element of Windows Explorer. If Explorer has a problem it is possible to close the program through your Task Manager.
It’s similar to this:
- Press the Windows button + R in order to start Windows Run.
- Enter taskmgr, then press the Enter key.
- Task Manager di Windows Run
- Locate it using the Windows Explorer program.
- Right-click on the program, and select an option from the End Task menu.
- End Task Windows Explorer
- And then Windows Explorer will stop.
Then, start Windows Explorer again and create an.
#2. Use Registry
If you aren’t then, it is possible there is a chance that your registry in Windows Explorer is damaged. You can attempt to repair the registry .
The process is as is:
- To begin, press Windows key + R.
- In the search box and hit Enter to enter.
- Regedit on Windows Run
- The Registry Editor window will be displayed in the display.
- Now access the following root folder [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\Con text Menu Handlers\New]
- If yes, double click to open this file. Default file.
- Folder Context MenuHandlers Regedit
- Then fill in @= “” in the Value Data column.
Value Data di Registry
Select OK and save your results to the registry.
It is suggested to create an backup of the registry before changing the value information.
How do you right-click Context MenuHandlers? Click File > Choose Export. Input your name for the backup registry. Then, you can restore the registry at any point.
#3. Create Folders Through Winrar
If you are unable to create a folder within the specified directory you can try this alternative method. This is by using different programs (Winrar).
Winrar is a compression software, that has various options. One of them is the ability to manage files and creating folders.
The method used:
- You should download the latest version of Winrar in case you don’t already have it. It is available for download at Win-rar.com.
- If yes, then open the program by clicking on the desktop icon or Windows search bar.
- Applications for RAR in Windows
- In Winrar open the directory in which you would like to create the folder.
- In the directory, right-click and choose from the Create New Folder option.
- Menu Create New Folder RAR
- The folder’s name is as required and then hit Enter. This means that the new folder along with Winrar will be automatically visible on Windows Explorer.
The final word
In essence, the folders that cannot be created using Windows Explorer are mostly just issues with registry or bugs.
One conclusion is that we should identify the root of the issue and then fix the issue. From my experiences I have found that the first and second point are sufficient.
The issue is that it’s not able to create this new folder separately from the context I mentioned perhaps you’re having some other issue. Please submit your details in the comments section below.
I hope it proves useful.